FCC Photo Celebration
To help celebrate the amazing work Wisconsin Free and Charitable Clinics do, WAFCC wants you to submit photos of your clinic in action. The Safety Net Gala's FCC Photo Celebration is an opportunity to get creative and garner state wide attention for your clinic. Is there volunteer in your clinic who manages a vibrant Instagram account, or a nurse who's especially artistic? Then collaborate with them to submit a photo or drawing of your clinics achievements and advocacy work.
Please read all rules before submitting your photo or drawing
When to submit your entry?
- Photo submissions will be accepted on a continual basis until the end of March 31, 2018
- Pictures must be in either .jpeg or .png format
- Please make sure your pictures are submitted in their original size and resolution. Pictures taken via smartphones are accepted.
- If a picture is a hand drawn original piece of artwork, it may be submitted digitally or it must be created on an 8 ½ x 11" piece of paper and the submission may be either a photo of the picture or a scanned image.
- Simple photo collages are accepted but must use only four or fewer images.
- Text overlaying a picture submission must be limited to only your health clinics name.
- You must collect release forms for any individual featured in your photos. If you do not collect the proper release forms, your submission will not be used. A photo release form can be found here wafccform_photovideorelease.docx.
- Anyone who is a member of the WAFCC
Tips for Submitting Photos
- Showcase your clinic's innovations or new additions.
- Highlight your clinic's innovations in health service delivery and community outreach.
- Highlight advocacy
- Submit photos of meetings with Members of Congress or local representatives. Be creative about showing how your clinic spreads the word and takes action to support FCC's.
- Action shots work the best.
- Pictures that capture staff, board members, and community partners in action generate the most buzz. Try to capture Members of Congress shaking hands with your staff, a crowd of people lining up for your annual health fair etc.
- Capture the best quality photo that your camera will allow.
- Be sure to submit the largest file/highest resolution photo to avoid grain or blurry photos.
- Think about the environment where you are taking a picture.
- Try to place individuals in your photo into settings that are less busy or more interesting. Clinic logos in the background work great. Don't be afraid to ask them to move to a new location.
- Make sure you have proper lighting.
- Avoid too much or too little light. Maybe today isn't the best day to take a photo outside of your clinic.
- Be creative and have fun!
- The more original and creative your photo or drawing is, the more it will stick out among all the other submissions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I want to submit a photo that someone else took?
- The photo you submit doesn't have to be one that you took personally. As long as you get permission and give the photographer credit (First and last name in the submission form).
- We recommend one photo per clinic. If you are sending in a simple collage, you can have up to 4 photos.
- You may not have to. If your clinic already has a policy that allows you to share staff and volunteer photos externally and all individuals in the photo have signed and agreed, you may be exempt from having to complete a photo release form.
- If you are submitting photos of a large public event, make sure faces in the crowd are not clearly visible. If any face is clearly visible, you will need a signed photo release form from that individual. If you are submitting a photo of an elected official, a speaker at your event, or any other public figure then you do not need a signed photo release form.
Download as many photo release forms as necessary below and have all individuals in your photo sign the form. Keep the forms at your clinic. WAFCC may require the forms by request. You can complete the rest of the Photo Submission Form below by entering all required information and uploading your photo.
WAFCC Photo Release Form